You can read my thoughts when it comes to the winners last night on previous posts on Facebook but this is what I thought on performances and more from last nights 51st CMA Awards Show:
- I would hate to be the one or group to replace Brad & Carrie as host of the CMA Award Show. They’ve now done it for 10 years. Has Carrie Underwood been in Country Music that long? I didn’t think it was their best monologue but it was still was pretty good and they once again nailed it!
- Don’t be offended by the President Donald Trump stabs. It wasn’t as bad as some of the reporters put in headlines. I had no problem with it and I laughed a few times.
- In the 1st touching moment of the evening- when artists got together to honor Montgomery Gentry with, “My Town.” Gentry’s wife and daughter were there and they were crying. It was touching.
- Who better to sing, “Legends,” than Reba. I think Kelsea Ballerini is the future and to bring Reba on like that but you can tell the different styles. Reba-traditional country-slower and with a draw as Kelsea faster and more Pop sounding.
- I have no problem with Miranda winning all the time. SHE IS COUNTRY! Her performance last night was perfect.
- Tim and Faith are today’s version of Tammy Wynette and George Jones. You kind of don’t want to see them singing solo again. They had a good show last night as well.
- I thought Garth nailed his song as well last night and he well deserves Entertainer of The Year. He is the ultimate entertainer.
- Hopefully you see what I see in P!NK. She is soooo talented and don’t let the bad girl image fool you. She is a mom bring her kid to the CMA’s last night. Her performance was flawless. I know a lot of people will say she’s not country. Just because she is in the Pop genre doesn’t make her not country. She grew up in the country of Pennsylvania.
- Finally, Carrie Underwood hit a GRAND SLAM with her version, “Jesus Is Calling.” This segment was to pay homage to the artists we lost this past year. Seeing Glen Campbell, Troy Gentry and Don Williams made your heart sad but seeing the victims of Vegas made your heart cry. Carrie couldn’t finish some notes because she was breaking down. THAT WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST MOMENTS IN TV HISTORY. Not just the artists that died but people who paid to go to a country concert and was shot down in cold blood. To have their pictures on a country awards show? Was genius!!!!!! That made the show in my book. I was going to give this show a Grade of 98 but you have to give it 100% A+ for that.