For the first time since 1997, I got the flu and it’s nothing to mess with. According to reports, the flu shot only was about 10% effective this year. In Louisiana, there is an 800% increase in flu cases this year compared to last year. This bug dehydrates you and that’s why there is a lot of visits to the emergency rooms all across the state. Drink plenty of fluids. For me, even though the bug is gone I’m still not eating right and still dried up. Have your doctor prescribe Tamiflu. The 1st pill took my aches away immediately. What’s crazy is that not only Louisiana is suffering. The whole nation is reporting higher cases this last 3 months. On TV, several football players have been suffering as well as behind the scene workers for the networks. So be careful and visit your doctor if you start to get the symptoms.
Active Beat has 8 foods to eat when fighting the flu:
- Chicken soup- loaded with vitamins.
- Dry toast-helps in fighting any intestinal virus.
- Ginger-calms your stomach.
- Banana-provides energy and calms the stomach.
- Popsicles-helps soothe your sore throat.
- Garlic-it’s antiviral, antibacterial, antmicrobial and immune boosting bulb will help you fight the flu.
- Green & Black tea-comfort food for cold or flu
- Vegatable Juices-drinking no-salt juices will boost your immune system.